"Things to Do in the 1000 Islands"
Of course you can 'mix and match' but
here is our suggestion for:
Your Gananoque Itinerary.
- After your Sleepy Hollow breakfast, take the 1000 Islands Cruise and enjoy our "neighbourhood", (the St Laurence River) and some of our 1864 Islands.
- Stop for lunch at the Maple Leaf Restaurant fine European cuisine in a casual setting.
- Spend the afternoon Kayaking on the same river but different parts of it.
- A brewery tour at Gananoque Brewing Company
- Evening dinner at one of several Gananoque restaurants.
- Back to Sleepy Hollow for a night cap and chat with other folks.
- A different breakfast choice at Sleepy Hollow
- Hike one of the Gananoque Trails till lunch or bicycle the 1000 Islands Parkway
- Short drive to Jones Falls on the Rideau Canal to see the three locks in action.
- Visit Fort Henry one of our National Historic Sites just a 25 minute drive away.
- Music at a local Pub if tonight is a live music night..
- Stop at the Shorelines Casino and help our local economy a little,
- Fly over the sights of Gananoque in a Helicopter with 1000 Islands Helicopter Tours!
- Dinner at Sushi Sun for a wonderful award winning menu.
- Take in a professional live theatre performance in the evening at the 1000 Islands Playhouse.
- Sleepy Hollow for a quiet night sleep.